Having a child on a dime is a little bit of a difficult challenge. Paul and I are trying to meet this challenge head on by cautiously pinching our pennies. First, you need a supportive family. Second, you need to try to avoid stores and internet shopping. Third, if you have to shop – LOOK for DEALS. This past weekend I found some amazing deals for clothes that were starting to go out of season. Now that we know that we’re having a boy, I can shop for some tough little boy clothes. It’s a priority that my little guy is dressed like a man up at Deer Camp!
Fortunately, I was able to score some great deals on the clearance rack at the GAP of all places. I looked for items that were already priced pretty low on the Gap Kids clearance rack. Randomly, I was in the store on a day where clearance and sale items were an additional 30% off! Um, yes. I also took a onesie that was labeled “defective, final sale” due to a coffee stain. The stain took me about 1 minute to remove with Dawn, and I saved $15. Perfection.
Here are my “Ohh we’re having a boy splurges!” A few items I found for a a ridiculously good price:
- Jean Boots – GAP expensive My PRICE: $2.78
- Dad Outfit – Original Price: $19.95 My PRICE: $5.43
- Flannel Shirt – Original Price: $29.95 My PRICE: $9.08
- Puffer Coat – Original Price: $44.95 My PRICE: $16.78
- Cargo Pants – Original Price: $29.95 My PRICE: $5.58
- GAP Hoodie – Original Price: $29.95 My PRICE: $6.28